This year celebrates another milestone in the 150-year history of the Scott catalogs. The 2019 volumes are the 175th edition of the Scott Standard Postage Stamp Catalogue. Vol. 4A includes listings for countries of the world J-L. Listings for countries of the world beginning with the letter M can be found in Vol. 4B.
Contains Stamp Information on the following Countries:
Jamaica – Japan – Jordan – Kazakhstan – Kenya – Kiribati – North Korea – South Korea – Kosovo – Kuwait – Kyrgyzstan – Laos – Latvia – Lebanon – Lesotho – Liberia – Libya – Liechtenstein – Lithuania – Luxembourg – Macao – Macedonia – Malagasy Republic – Malawi – Malaysia – Maldive Islands – Mali – Malta – Marshall Islands – Mauritania – Mauritius – Mexico – Micronesia – Moldova – Monaco – Mongolia – Montenegro – Montserrat – Morocco – Mozambique
Select Editorial Enhancements for Volume 4A:
- Jamaica: Scott 85a is newly assigned to the 3-shilling Monument to Sir Charles Metcalfe with the “C” of “CA” missing in error from the Multiple Crown and CA watermark
- Japan: New listings for booklet panes have been added to the classic issues. Values have been added to footnotes for numerous New Year sheets
- Jordan: Among the new images in this volume are images showing the differences between the bars on the normal 1½-millimeter spacing and the narrow ½mm spacing for Jordan’s 1953 overprinted stamps (Scott 297-305). The bars were overprinted on Jordan’s 1952 Relief Map stamps (270-278) issued to honor the unity of Jordan April 24, 1950
- Korea: Two souvenir sheets for the Winter Universiade 1997 were added as Scott 1895a-1896a
- Kyrgyzstan: More than 30 issues known to exist imperforate are described and valued for the first time in footnotes
- Luxembourg: A se-tenant pair of the 1952 Grand Duke William III stamps enters the 2019 catalog as Scott 279a
Select Editorial Enhancements for Volume 4B:
- Mexico: A new perforation variety (gauge 14 by 13) was added as a minor number, Scott 2418a. This 6.50-peso stamp is part of the 2004-06 Conservation definitive series. No. 2418 is perforated gauge 13 by 13 1/2
- Montenegro: Editorial notes have been installed at the beginning of the listings for Italian and German occupation issues to alert catalog users that values for used stamps are for postally used examples. Be aware that canceled-to-order stamps will sell for substantially less.
- Mozambique: Two new major numbers were added to the listings for this southeast African nation. A large 30-metical imperforate stamp measuring 89 millimeters by 85mm enters the catalog as Scott 695A. This stamp features a frog (Ptychadena porosissima). The number 965B has been assigned to a souvenir sheet issued Oct. 25, 1985, for the Italia 85 philatelic exhibition in Rome. This souvenir sheet has simulated perforations.