About the Book
2019 Great Britain Concise Stamp Catalogue
The ever-popular Stanley Gibbons Great Britain Concise Catalogue continues to provide the perfect guide for the collector. This by seeking more comprehensive information on Great Britain stamps than provided by the Collect British Stamps checklist. And without the highly detailed coverage of the five-volume Specialised series.
KEY SELLING FEATURES:
- The 2019 edition is extensively updated with all prices reviewed and revised in line with the current market.
- Priced listings of definitives, commemoratives, regionals, postage dues, departmental officials, postal fiscals, first day covers, miniature sheets, booklets, specimens and post office ‘Smiler’ sheets.
- Priced listings of watermark varieties, major plate varieties, missing colours, phosphor, embossing and imperforate errors are included.
- Also priced listings of Post Office Telegraph stamps, including watermark varieties, major errors and specimens.
- Priced listings for all booklet panes, including single value panes and those with inverted watermarks up to 1967.
- Commemorative design index included.
- A helpful table provides an easy reference guide to collectors of the popular source and date codes on the ‘U’ series Machins.
- Listings are complete from May 1840 to 31 March 2019.
- Helpful introductory notes.
- PHQ card and presentation pack listings include Royal Mail reference codes for easy identification.
- The Machin definitives are amalgamated in an easy-to-find separate section and fully updated. The highly collectable source and date codes are individually priced.
- Listings of popular Post & Go stamps are brought right up to date, with clear notes describing stamps from different machines and the Type IIIA stamps from Royal Mail Series II machines listed and priced. Separate tables give details of those only available at exhibitions and museums.
- Further improvements to the Machin and Post & Go sections make the 2019 Concise the perfect catalogue for the modern GB collector, as well as the more traditional philatelist.
Also new for 2019:
- The design index of the Great Britain Concise Stamp Catalogue is further revised. As a result, this makes it even more comprehensive. It also makes it much easier to use.
- Listings for ‘Wilding’ booklet panes expanded to cover all single value panes as well as the previously listed setenant and advertisement panes.
- New improved images for all design types up to 1952 with colour die and multipositive type illustrations added for the first time.
- New comparative illustrations for the printing machine types of the 1961 POSB, 1964 Churchill and 1973 Royal Silver Wedding commemoratives
- Further notes throughout the catalogue give additional guidance to the collector.