About the Book
Newer edition: Stanley Gibbons 2023 Great Britain Concise Stamp Catalogue
Stanley Gibbons 2022 Great Britain Concise Stamp Catalogue
- The 2022 edition has been extensively updated with all prices reviewed and revised in line with the current market.
- Priced listings of definitives, commemoratives, regionals, postage dues, departmental officials, postal fiscals, first day covers, miniature sheets, booklets, specimens and post office ‘Smiler’ sheets.
- Priced listings of watermark varieties, major plate varieties, missing colours, phosphor, embossing and imperforate errors.
- Priced listings of Post Office Telegraph stamps, including watermark varieties, major errors and specimens.
- Priced listings for all booklet panes, including single value panes and those with inverted watermarks up to 1967.
- Commemorative design index included.
- Listings are complete from May 1840 to April 2022.
- Helpful introductory notes.
- PHQ card and presentation pack listings include Royal Mail reference codes for easy identification.
- The Machin definitives are amalgamated in an easy-to-find separate section and fully updated. The highly collectable source and date codes are individually priced.
- Post & Go stamps are brought right up to date, with clear notes describing stamps from different machines. Separate illustrated tables give details of those only available at exhibitions and museums.
Detailed Contents/Countries Covered
- Stanley Gibbons Great Britain Stamp Catalogue lists and prices all British stamps from 1840 to April 2022.
- Every different stamp design is illustrated in full colour.
- Listings include changes of watermark, perforation, shade and phosphor.
- First day covers, Royal Mail postage labels, Post Office (PHQ) Cards, presentation packs, booklets, postage dues, regionals, official stamps, postal fiscals, PO telegraph stamps and Post Office label sheets (Smilers) all listed and priced.
- Gutter Pairs and “Traffic light” Gutter Pairs listed and priced in mint sets.
- First Day Covers for Special Issues from 1924 and for King Edward VIII, King George VI and Queen Elizabeth definitives.
- Prestige Booklet panes included for Queen Elizabeth II.
- All British Post Office special First Day of Issue postmarks are priced on cover.
- Quick reference diagrams for listed Machin decimal booklet panes.
- Visible plate numbers listed for Victorian stamps including Telegraphs.
- Unmounted and mounted mint prices given for stamps issued between 1887 and 1935 and on-cover prices from 1840 to 1911.
- Major errors, including double or missing colours, imperforates, missing phosphors and embossing errors listed and priced.
- Helpful introductory section providing philatelic definitions and guidance for the collector.
- Comprehensive indexes of Machin definitives.
- Commemorative Design Index.
- Useful tables of postage rates contemporary with NVIs.
- Inverted, reversed, sideways and major watermark errors are listed and priced.
- Includes simplified listings of specimen overprints.
- Post Office Yearbooks and Year Packs.
- Post & Go stamps fully listed with helpful background information and comprehensive notes on the various machines, inscription types, date codes and errors provided by John M Deering.
NEW FOR THIS EDITION:
- Security Machin, Post & Go and modern booklet tables all brought up to date by John M Deering.
- Further notes added or expanded
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the page above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."