About the Book
Stanley Gibbons 2023 Commonwealth & British Empire Stamps Catalogue 1840-1970
- The authoritative reference source for GB and Commonwealth information – all stamps from 1840-1970 listed and priced.
- To help readers avoid buying forgeries or fakes, or stamps with forged postmarks, there is helpful information on their identification.
- Strengthened, casebound binding for extra durability.
- Unique listing by SG number.
- Full colour illustrations.
- Invaluable six-page article on stamp condition.
- Helpful guide to valuing stamps on commercial cover up to 1945.
- Prices have once again been revised from cover to cover. The market for fine Commonwealth stamps remains strong, with increases in most sections, some of them quite substantial. Areas of particular strength are to be found in Great Britain used abroad, India and states, Malaya and South Africa, while in New Zealand there are significant increases, right through from the Chalon Heads to the Second Pictorials.
- Whether you are an active buyer of Commonwealth stamps or a dealer, it is vital to be right up to date with this very active market – and there is no more up-to-date reference than the 2023 ‘Part 1’.
Important Additions To The 2023 Edition:
- Revisions to the Great Britain used abroad listings with a number of new additions.
- The early issues of Ceylon reviewed following the publication of Ceylon, The Pence Issues by the Royal Philatelic Society London.
- The ‘Wider and more open S’ variety in the early official stamps of India now illustrated with a fully priced listing.
- New notes on counter coil pairs in New Zealand
- New listing of India and Pakistan stamps used in Dubai.
- Illustrated notes on line and comb perforators added to the Introduction
- New varieties have been added to a number of countries, including Australia, Fiji and South Africa, while previously listed varieties are now illustrated under British East Africa, New South Wales, the Indian States and elsewhere.
- Helpful new notes added throughout, including Burma, New Guinea and Cook Islands.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the page above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."