About the Book
Stanley Gibbons Common Wealth Stamp Catalogue Australia – 12th edition
This catalogue provides a comprehensive priced listing of the stamps of Australia, the Australian States, Australian Antarctic Territory, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands and Norfolk Island, as well as the pre-independence issues of Nauru and Papua New Guinea. Listings up to 1970 are extracted from the 2023 Commonwealth and British Empire Stamps catalogue. Later issues have been updated and priced for this edition.
- This best-selling catalogue is the most authoritative and up to date single volume listing of Australian stamps on the market.
- Includes Stanley Gibbons detailed listings of the increasingly popular ‘States’ stamps, recognised worldwide as the standard reference work.
- Fully priced listings of Booklets, Postage Dues and Official stamps, including the ‘OS’ perforated stamps of New Guinea, Papua and the Commonwealth of Australia. The Telegraph stamps of the Australian States are also now included.
- On-cover ‘multipliers’ are provided for all stamps to 1945.
- Includes British Commonwealth Occupation Force (Japan), Australian Antarctic Territory, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Nauru (to 1968), New Guinea (including German New Guinea), Norfolk Island, Papua and Papua New Guinea (to 1975).
NEW FOR THIS EDITION:
- Prices have been extensively revised with many substantial increase to the States issues as well as to some more modern errors. There are dozens of newly listed errors and varieties, numerous additional notes to aid identification and new illustrations of previously listed varieties.
Detailed Contents/Countries Covered
Apart from the stamps of the current issuing countries, the Stanley Gibbons Australia Catalogue covers a number of other areas of interest:
- Australian States: New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria, Western Australia
- British Commonwealth Occupation Force (Japan)
- Australian Antarctic Territory
- Christmas Island
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands
- Nauru (1916-1966)
- German New Guinea (1888-1914)
- New Guinea (Australian Occupation, 1914-1923)
- New Guinea (Mandated Territory, 1925-1939)
- Norfolk Island
- Papua (British New Guinea, 1901-1941)
- Papua New Guinea (1952-1975)
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the page above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."