India & Indian States Stamp Catalogue 5th Edition
This catalogue also covers, in detail the stamps of the Convention and Feudatory States.
Prices have been carefully revised to reflect the strong market for this area.
The Stanley Gibbons India catalogue lists and prices the stamps of India from the earliest issues of Sind Province (1852) and the East India Company (1854-64) up to the beginning of 2017, to the level of detail familiar to users of the Part 1 British Commonwealth listings.
The catalogue includes details of Indian stamps used abroad, with fully priced listings in several cases, also the stamps of Indian Expeditionary and Custodian forces overseas and the issues of the Indian Convention and Feudatory states.
Major plate flaws, watermark varieties, shades, official stamps and booklets are all listed.
Details of issues up to 1970 have been extracted from Stanley Gibbons 2018 Commonwealth and British Empire Stamp Catalogue.
The Stanley Gibbons India Catalogue covers a number of areas of interest including:
• India 1852-2017, including stamp booklets, official stamps and telegraph stamps
• India Used Abroad – detailed notes for:- British East Africa, Burma, French Indian Settlements, Kuwait, Nepal, Portuguese Indian, Tibet and Trucial States
• India Used Abroad – Fully Priced listings for:- Abyssinia, Aden, Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Malaya (Straits Settlements), Muscat and Guadur and Zanzibar
• China Expeditionary Force
• Indian Expeditionary Force
• Indian Custodian Forces in Korea
• Indian U.N. Force in Congo
• Indian U.S. Force in Gaza (Palestine)
• International Commission in Indo-China
• Indian National Army – detailed notes
• Japanese Occupation of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands – detailed notes
• India Convention States (including Official Stamps):
• India Feudatory States (including, where issued, Official Stamps and Booklets):
17. Indore (Holkar)
19. Jammu and Kashmir
24. Las Bela