Stanley Gibbons Commonwealth Stamp Catalogue: Windward Islands & Barbados - 3rd Edition (in English)
Windward Islands & Barbados Stamp Catalogue 3rd Edition
Listings up to 1970 are extracted from the 2016 Commonwealth and British Empire Stamps catalogue.
Later issues have been updated and priced for this edition.KEY SELLING FEATURES:
• Prices have been carefully checked and revised in line with the current market. Strong increases are noted in all areas, up to the early stamps of Queen Elizabeth, with errors and varieties showing particular growth. Many stamps issued during the last ten years are also up.
• Contact details are provided for societies with an interest in the Windward Islands.
• Details of issues up to 1970 have been extracted from Stanley Gibbons 2016 Commonwealth and British Empire Catalogue.
• Handy size and format.
• More prices have been added to the 1993-2004 local surcharges of St. Vincent.
• A helpful guide is included to aid the collector in using the catalogue and there’s valuable advice on stamp condition.
• Fully illustrated in colour.
• Watermark varieties, plate flaws, major errors, perforation changes, shades, postage due stamps and booklets are all listed and priced
• The “Crowned Circle” handstamps in use on the islands from 1842 are listed, as are British stamps used in Dominica, Grenada, St. Lucia and St. Vincent, prior to the introduction of their own stamps.
• Several new varieties have been added since the second edition, published in 2012. In Barbados there are new watermark varieties in the ‘Britannias’ and the 1920 Victory set, while the 1927 Tercentenary stamp is now listed in two perforations. Grenada sees the addition of a good new variety on the George VI ‘Badge of the Colony’ stamps and there’s a new double overprint in the 1972 Airmail series.
DETAILED CONTENTS/COUNTRIES COVERED:
The Stanley Gibbons Windward Islands Catalogue is a detailed and highly informative catalogue, ideal for any collector who specializes in the stamps of this area.
Current stamp issuing countries covered in this catalogue are:
• Barbados (listed up to December 2014)
• Dominica (listed up to May 2014)
• Grenada (listed up December 2014)
• Grenadines of Grenada (Carriacou and Petite Martinique) (listed up to November 2014)
• St. Lucia (listed up to December 2014)
• St. Vincent (listed up to September 2014)
• Grenadines of St. Vincent Appendix Issues, 2013 and 2014 for Bequia, Canouan, Mayreau, Mustique, Union Island and Young Island