Stanley Gibbons Portugal & Colonies Stamp
Major varieties including perforation, watermark and shade variations, overprint types and major errors are included.
Booklets are listed and priced and also notes are provided on Machine Labels (Portugal).
Stamp issuing countries covered in this book include:
- Portugal (updated to October 2021)
- Azores (July 2021)
- Madeira (June 2021)
- Information is provided at the beginning of each country covering history, early stamp issues and currency changes.
- Updated Design indexes included for the following countries:
Detailed Contents/Countries Covered
The Stanley Gibbons Portugal & Colonies Catalogue is the only catalogue published in English which covers the stamp issues of Portugal, Azores and Madeira in a single volume. It is a detailed and highly informative catalogue, ideal for any collector who specialises in this popular field.
Apart from the stamps of the current issuing countries, the Stanley Gibbons Portugal & Colonies Catalogue covers a number of other areas of interest, including:
- Angola (up to independence)
- Portuguese Congo
- Azores (including Angra, Horta, Ponta Delgada)
- British Post Office on San Miguel
- Cape Verde Islands (up to independence)
- Macao (up to independence)
- British Post Office in Macao
- Madeira (including Funchal)
- British Post Office in Madeira
- Mozambique (including Inhambane, Kionga, Lourenco Marques, Mozambique Company, Nyassa Company, Quelimane, Tete, Zambezia)
- Portuguese Colonies and Overseas Territories
- Portuguese Guinea
- Portuguese India
- St Thomas and Prince Islands (up to independence)
- East Timor