Stanley Gibbons Switzerland Stamp Catalogue – 1st Edition
- Prices have been thoroughly revised by leading experts in the field
- Revised version of the International Philatelic Glossary
- Specimen stamps for Switzerland, League of Nations, International Labour Office and Liechtenstein are now included.
- SPECIMEN stamps are now listed and priced
- A helpful guide included to aid the collector in using the catalogue
- Contact details are provided for societies with an interest in Switzerland
- Updated design index for Switzerland and Liechtenstein to aid the collector in identifying their stamps
Detailed Contents/Countries Covered
Information is provided at the beginning of each country, covering history, early stamp issues and currency changes, this information is designed to aid the collector in identifying their stamps and also to provide an historical reference for the stamp listings.
Apart from the stamps of the current issuing countries, the Stanley Gibbons Switzerland Catalogue covers a number of other areas of interest:
Pro Juventute Charity Stamps
International Organisations situated in Switzerland –
1. League of Nations
2. International Labour Office
3. International Bureau of Education
4. World Health Organisation
5. International Refugees Organisation
6. World Meteorological Organisation
7. Universal Postal Union
8. United Nations
9. International Telecommunications Union
10. World Intellectual Property Organisation
11. International Olympic Committee
New issue listings updated as follows:
- Switzerland – to March 2019
- Liechtenstein – November 2018
- United Nations Office at Geneva – March 2017
About Stanley Gibbons
The Stanley Gibbons Group plc is a company quoted on the London Stock Exchange and which specialises in the retailing of collectable postage stamps and similar products. The group is incorporated in London. The company is a major stamp dealer and philatelic publisher. The company’s philatelic subsidiary, Stanley Gibbons Limited, has a royal warrant of appointment from Queen Elizabeth II.
About Stanley Gibbons Catalogues
The first Stanley Gibbons stamp catalogue was a penny price list issued in November 1865 and reissued at monthly intervals for the next 14 years. The company produces numerous catalogues covering different countries, regions and specialisms; many of them are reissued annually. The catalogues list all known adhesive postage stamp issues and include prices for used and unused stamps.